TeamFortress 2 informacije
Nemački gejming časopis PC Action je objavio ekskluzivne informacije o novom Half-Life 2 modu. Team Fortress 2 treba da izađe zajedno u sastavu HL2: Episode 2 dodatka i to tokom ove godine. Detalje možete pročitati u nastavku ovog teksta.
- There won't be "normal" grenades anymore. Valve thinks that they unify the different classes too much.
- Unlike in Fortress Forever, teleporters are kept in Team Fortress 2. The ammo dispenser will make a comeback as well.
- There will be a personalized statistics system. For example, you could see an in-game message like "Hey, you've never played your class as well as today – keep it up!"
- Valve thinks that classes in other games are a joke. "Where's the difference between me choosing a M16 or an AK-47 rifle?", asks Robin Walker.
- It would be technically feasible to let owners of a PC, XBOX 360 and PS3 play against each other. Whether this feature makes it into the final game is still uncertain and depends on Sony and Microsoft.
- Valve received very few threatening letters because of TF2's comic design.
- Owners of multicore processors will get additional, undisclosed, graphics details.
- The Scout can perform a double jump, as known from the Unreal games. That is, he'll be able to jump a second time while in the air.
- The Medic can heal team members from long distances, as long as they are in sight. Furthermore, he can make himself and his patients invulnerable for 10 seconds.
- Every class has a unique close-combat weapon. Even the secondary weapons differ from each other often times. Following is a list of classes with their primary, secondary and close-combat weapons:
- Scout: Shotgun, pistol, baseball bat.
- Soldier: Rocket launcher, shotgun, shovel.
- Pyro: Flamethrower, shotgun, fire axe.
- Demo Man: Sticky bomb slingshot, grenade thrower, broken bottle.
- Heavy Weapons Guy: Machine gun (mini gun), shotgun, fists.
- Engineer: Shotgun, pistol, wrench.
- Medic: Machine pistol, healing ray, bone saw.
- Sniper: Sniper rifle, machine pistol, club.
- Spy: Revolver, cigar case (PDA for switching your disguise), knife.
Maps & Gameplay
- Apart from 2Fort, there'll be a remake of Well.
- There will be completely new maps for the game mode "Territorial Control". It will be randomly decided which area of a map is supposed to be conquered and the team in possession of that area will assume the role of defenders.
- There will be trains rolling through the map Well, which should be avoided by players.
- Capture The Flag becomes Capture The Documents. Instead of capturing a flag, you'll have to capture a briefcase from the opponent's base.