Quake IV – novi patchevi
Id Software je konacno izbacio niz novih patcheva za njihovu novu igru Quake IV. Izasla su istovremeno dva patcha za Win32 i Linux verziju igre. Ovaj novi patch podize Win32 verziju na 1.0.4, a Linux na 1.0.5. Ovim updatom ispravljaju se brojni bug-ovi, a njega mozete preuzeti sa ove adrese:
Quake 4 Win32 retail patch v1.0.4 & Linux client/server v1.0.5
QUAKE 4(tm) 220.127.116.11 Update README
Last updated 11-09-2005
Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(r).
This update for QUAKE 4 addresses issues found in both multiplayer and single player since the release of the game. A complete list of changes and additions is included below. For future updates and more information about the game, please visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
If you require additional QUAKE 4 technical support, please see the help system that is included with the game, or visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the QUAKE 4 directory be removed before installing this update. These modifications are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included in the patch.
FIXES & UPDATES IN 18.104.22.168:
– Copied map files can now be overwritten/deleted without quitting first.
– The console command "com_allowconsole" will stay set after leaving the game.
– Improved Game Browser sorting and filtering:
You can sort by up to three criteria, which will be displayed just under the server list, with the more recently clicked criteria sorting first. For example, to sort by ping time, then number of players, then gametype, click them in the reverse order:
Click "GAMETYPE," then "PLAYERS," then "PING." The server list will be sorted by the fastest ping, then the servers with the fewest players, then the gametype.
Clicking a category more than once will keep its position as the primary sorting criteria, but will change the sorting order.
After cycling through all available sort types, clicking the category a final time will remove it from the sorting. Each criteria has specific behavior with one or two clicks, as listed:
Favorite Server: Display only favorites, or only non-favorites.
Password Enabled: Display only locked server, or only unlocked servers.
Dedicated Server: Display only Dedicated servers, or only Listen servers.
Punkbuster Enabled: Display only PB-enabled servers, or only PB-disabled servers.
Server Name: Sort server names A to Z, or Z to A.
Ping: Sort by ping Low to High, or High to Low.
Players: Sort by Players High to Low, High to Low (non-full),
Low to High, or Low to High (non-empty).
Gametype: Sort by Deathmatch, Team DM, Tournament, CTF, or Arena CTF.
Map: Sort by map CTF1 to DM9, or DM9 to CTF1.
– The Game Browser now displays more than 1000 servers.
– Fixed a problem with the refresh time on the Game Browser.
– Added a Game Browser filter for full or empty servers.
– Players can now connect to a server while the Game Browser is refreshing.
– Game Browser sorting will display the correct server information without the need to refresh the list.
– Clicking anywhere on the scrollbar except the button itself will advance a page up or down instead of shifting to that position.
– Non-full server sorting now disregards full servers.
– Game Browser hover window updates when sort order is changed.
– Fixed a Game Browser slowdown issue with high numbers of servers.
– Added Game Browser server list scrolling with the mousewheel, keyboard arrows up/down, and keyboard Page Up/Page Down.
– The Game Browser hover window will only appear when mousing over a highlighted server.
– Sorting by server name will now ignore colored names, brackets, etc.
– The dedicated server window will now be titled with the si_name setting instead of "Quake 4".
Quake 4 (TM) GNU/Linux
A licensed copy of Quake 4 (TM) retail for Windows(r) is required. You will copy the assets files from it and use the CD key.
PLEASE NOTE: The Linux version of Quake 4 (TM) is NOT supported by Activision Customer Support.
The following files must be copied from the install CDs  to your q4base/ directory ( md5 sums provided as reference ):
If you copy them before running the installer you will need to create the paths, by default /usr/local/games/quake4/q4base
If you copy after running the installer, make sure not to replace any paks the installer might have provided.
Note: the Linux installer will reinstall the game*.pk4.
Note: the German version of the game uses a completely different set of assets. See the FAQ ( URL below ) for details.
Start the game with the command: quake4
Start the dedicated server with the command: quake4-dedicated
For troubleshooting and help, see:
Minimum system requirements:
– GNU/Linux system
– Pentium(r) 4 2.0 GHz or Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ processor
– 512MB RAM
– Kernel 2.4, 2.6 is recommended
– glibc >= 2.2.4
3D acceleration ( not required for dedicated server ):
– SDL >= 1.2 
– latest OpenGL drivers, correctly configured
– ATI(r) Radeon(r) 9700
– ATI Radeon 9800
– ATI Radeon X300 series
– ATI Radeon X550 series
– ATI Radeon X600 series
– ATI Radeon X700 series
– ATI Radeon X800 series
– ATI Radeon X850 series
– Nvidia(r) GeForce(TM) 3/Ti series
– Nvidia GeForce 4/Ti series
– Nvidia GeForce FX series
– Nvidia GeForce 6 series
– Nvidia GeForce 7 series
Audio ( not required for dedicated server ):
– sound card with OSS or Alsa support, stereo and surround sound are supported with both APIs
Alsa >= 1.0.6 is required
– Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
– Internet play requires broadband connection
 – note that if you have the DVD release, all the files are in the same directory. Otherwise they are spread out on each CDs. For the DVD edition, the files are in Setup/Data/q4base
 – http://www.libsdl.org/